About Macintosh Farms Condominium No. 1
The MacIntosh Farms Condominium No. 1 Community consists of 213 condominium units and is located within Ward 4D of the City of Broadview Heights where residents utilize City services such as the police, fire and service departments. The sub-association is one of four condominium associations within the framework of the MacIntosh Farms Community Association and by declaration is subject to the Master’s rules and regulations.
The streets and roadways within MacIntosh Farms Condominium No. 1 are private (Association Roads) and are owned, maintained and serviced by our association. The Association Roads are Buckboard Lane, Candlewick Lane, Chapman Way, Chestnut Knoll, Cortland Lane, Johnathan’s Trace, Mallard Pond, Old Mill Path, Peppercorn Lane, Peppercorn Court, Peppercorn Terrace, Spillgate Trace, Willow Bend, Windmill Lane, Windrow Lane and Valley View.
The community is governed by MacIntosh Farms Condominium No. 1 Owners’ Association, a Non-Profit Ohio Corporation that is controlled by ORC Chapter 5311 Condominium Property Law as well as our original and subsequently amended Declaration, Bylaws and Handbook. We elect five homeowners to serve on our Board of Trustees. Board members serve without compensation and are responsible for the affairs of the association on behalf of all MacIntosh Farms Condominium No. 1 homeowners. Board powers, duties and responsibilities could include but are not limited to;
- Preparation and adoption of an annual budget,
- Making and collecting assessments to defray the common expenses,
- Commissioning reserve fund studies to provide an additional tool to evaluate future infrastructure contingencies and replacements,
- Keeping books with detailed accounts of receipts and expenditures,
- Providing for the operation, care/maintenance and enhancement of common areas,
- Selecting contractors to perform the myriad of required duties of the association,
- Maintaining insurance against association casualties and liabilities, and
- Updating if necessary and enforcing the Declaration, Bylaws and Handbook of the association.