About The Villas at MacIntosh Farms
The Villas at MacIntosh Farms Community consists of 252 cluster homes and is located within Wards 4A and 4D of the City of Broadview Heights where residents utilize City services such as the police, fire and service departments. The sub-association is one of two homeowner/cluster associations within the framework of the MacIntosh Farms Community Association and by declaration is subject to the Master’s rules and regulations.
The streets within The Villas at MacIntosh Farms are duly dedicated public streets and are maintained and serviced by the City. They are Apple Valley Court, Cloverberry Court, Fieldstone Court, Golden Lane, Honeysuckle Lane, Mayapple Place, Pippin Circle, Rome Circle, Starr Circle, Sunflower Oval, Thistle Court, Wildflower Way and Winesap Drive.
The community is governed by The Villas at MacIntosh Farms Cluster Association Inc., a Non-Profit Ohio Corporation that is controlled by ORC Chapter 5312 Ohio Planned Community Law as well as our original and subsequently amended Declaration, Bylaws and Handbook. We elect seven homeowners to serve on our Board of Trustees. Board members serve without compensation and are responsible for the affairs of the association on behalf of all Villas at MacIntosh Farms homeowners. Board powers, duties and responsibilities could include but are not limited to;
- Preparation and adoption of an annual budget,
- Making and collecting assessments to defray the common expenses,
- Commissioning reserve fund studies to provide an additional tool to evaluate future infrastructure contingencies and replacements,
- Keeping books with detailed accounts of receipts and expenditures,
- Providing for the operation, care/maintenance and enhancement of common areas,
- Selecting contractors to perform the myriad of required duties of the association,
- Maintaining insurance against association casualties and liabilities, and
- Updating if necessary and enforcing the Declaration, Bylaws and Handbook of the association.