About Macintosh Farms Condominium No. 3
The MacIntosh Farms Condominium No. 3 Community consists of 43 condominium units and is located within Ward 4D of the City of Broadview Heights where residents utilize City services such as the police, fire and service departments. The sub-association is one of four condominium associations within the framework of the MacIntosh Farms Community Association and by declaration is subject to the Master’s rules and regulations.
The streets within MacIntosh Farms Condominium No. 3 are duly dedicated public streets and are maintained and serviced by the City. They are Bellfield Lane and Brighton Way.
The community is governed by MacIntosh Farms Condominium No. 3 Owners’ Association Inc., a Non-Profit Ohio Corporation that is governed by ORC Chapter 5311 Condominium Property Law as well as our original and subsequently amended Declaration, Bylaws and Handbook. We elect three homeowners to serve on our Board of Trustees. Board members serve without compensation and are responsible for the affairs of the association on behalf of all MacIntosh Farms Condominium No. 3 homeowners. Board powers, duties and responsibilities could include but are not limited to;
- Preparation and adoption of an annual budget,
- Making and collecting assessments to defray the common expenses,
- Commissioning reserve fund studies to provide an additional tool to evaluate future infrastructure contingencies and replacements,
- Keeping books with detailed accounts of receipts and expenditures,
- Providing for the operation, reasonable care/maintenance and enhancement of common areas,
- Selecting contractors to perform the myriad of required duties of the association,
- Maintaining insurance coverage for the association, and
- Updating if necessary and enforcing the Declaration, Bylaws, Rules and Handbook of the association.
The board has chosen to retain a property manager to conduct the day to day affairs of the association under the direction of the board. The manager generally and reasonably performs a variety of duties including but not limited to:
- Maintaining records relating to homeowner membership, administration, correspondence and business matters with owners, occupants and sales agents,
- Managing the work of service contractors retained by the board and ensuring that contractors' activities, performance and workmanship are in accord with their contracts,
- Maintaining an accounting system for accounts payable approval and disbursement, and compiling monthly financial reports containing details of all receipts and disbursements,
- Preparing billings and collecting monthly owner's fees, including collection of delinquent accounts,
- Attending regularly scheduled board meetings, the annual meeting and special meetings, and
- Providing voice mail paging service to assist homeowners with any situation occurring during non-business hours and on weekends.